My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit http://joeandtheginger.wordpress.com and update your bookmarks.
If you're looking for a specific post, try using the search bar on the new blog.

See you there!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Bedroom That Will Be

You may have noticed that I have recently become a woman (semi)obsessed when it comes to crafts, DIY projects, and home decor. The living room has had most of the focus since moving in because it was plain and is the room most people see. But next on the agenda is most likely our bedroom. OooOOoo. I have a few ideas of what I'd like to do in there, mostly involving some light grey walls, fun detail decor and maybe a change of bedding to go better with the plan. We'll see. But I wanted to make a post of inspiration pictures, and hopefully after all is done I can compare the two and see some mystifying similarities between my new in-home retreat and the rooms that inspired me (....and Joe. He cares too. Sort of).

By the way, if you too are bedazzled by the pictures below and want to add them to your "someday this will be MINE MWAHAHAH" Pinterest board, please pin them from the original source that I link and not from my blog....since I have nothing to do with them. Yes? Yes. I would just remove the nifty little "pin it" link from the photos but...I don't know how. Sigh. Confessions, confessions.

I first realized that light grey walls were my heart's desire after seeing these pics on a couple of my favorite blogs:

Work in progress photo from The Lettered Cottage.
It's so light and airy! I love it.
Gallery wall from Young House Love. Such a
great home "makeover" blog, I love basically
everything they do. Ever. Including this amazing
gallery wall. Seriously, go look at the post on how
they put it together. Uh, brilliant! 
This is another from Young House Love. I'm thinking
a darker grey accent wall behind our bed, maybe
with a stenciled pattern over it, would be quite fun.
A stencil like this, for example. From Cutting Edge Stencils.
And I just found this one on Pinterest, and traced it back to
this tumblr. No idea if that's the original source
(probably not) but I tried. I like the white/grey bedding,
fresh and lurvly. And the walls, of course.
Love the shades of brown in this one, too.
From Blissful Blog.
I also found some cute...what would you call it..."his" and "hers" silhouette graphics at thegraphicsfairy.com (so great for free art to print out for your boring old bare walls...ok my boring walls) and I'd like to get those made rather large and put them over our nightstands or in some other empty space for some added quirkiness.

Anyway I think you get the idea. I'm hoping this will be sort of a summer project for us.... and that we can do it all for pretty much no cost. As no major changes are being made I feel this is quite doable. Here is our room right now, by the way (in case my multiple picture postings have faded from your memory or you have forgotten from lack of interest...you're not getting off that easy!):

Stencil wall? Hmm?
Curtains of some sort shall be crafted!
All black accessories. Hooray for matching anything!

To end, here's a list of things to do:
    -Paint walls light grey
    -possibly stencil one wall that may or may not be a darker grey
    -make curtains or buy them for a ridiculously good price (probably white)
    -art for the walls
    -new bedsheets/pillow cases (?)
    -find lamps for the side tables
    -replace doorknobs on closets and patch holes on weird top cupboard closet (we replaced that hardware            last year)

Fun! Can't wait to get started. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment